Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Thailand Mission 2000-2002


I wanted to put up a post about how wonderful my mission was. Everyone says it but it really was the best thing I did at that time in my life. I grew so much and learned to serve and love people more than I ever could have back at home or in college. My mission was a springboard for all the other successes I've had in my life. I learned then that putting the Lord first allows you to be that much better in other endeavors.

Not only is a mission spiritual, hard, and full of service, it's also fun. I got to cut the throat of a pig at a slaughter house in Chiang Rai near the Chinese border. I got to ride my bike barefoot in floods and use giant banana leaves as mud flaps. And of course, hold baby tigers and oragutangs, and ride elephants. I also put on 40lbs from the delicious Thai food. The last picture is in front of the mission office in Bangkok. And my arm is around one of the members from a ward I served in. He was always going on splits and helping out with missionary work.

5 comments:

eldonmars said...

Josh ...this isn't really a comment on your post, but I just wanted to say congrats on making it to Beijing! You ran a really great race! we'll be cheering for you in August!
-Dave Mars

Andy said...

Sweet! I love the picture of the pig throat cutting! AWESOME! The mish was a great time...when boys became men.

Whitney said...

update your blog and put some china pictures up...

Dale Chimes said...

Josh, just a quick hello
Hope your summer is going great
Congratulations on the victory last weekend

Good luck in Oregon next weekend dude, kick some _____

Hope to see you at the Tahoe Invitational in Lake Tahoe on
July 17-19

Dale Chimes

Anonymous said...

check your theology big boy...i love ya but south park says it all